i have never formally studied them, but i always love when magazines give data. surveys. percentages.
back in the olden days (before the gods invented tivo) we had to watch these snippets on TV called commercials. you guys- they aren't just for superbowl sunday!
anyways, i used to be fairly keen on targeted demographics of such commercials. i guess i would be more apt to notice if they missed their target audience.
i had always wanted to take a statistics course in college. the closest i came was a grad-level course at USC (go cocks!) (heh.... bet that just earned me some google hits) (and some squinty enemy eyes from my tiger friend
the course was about educational assessment methods. i was fascinated*.
[i have a 4.0 in
The Mr. has recently suggested that part of my dire mood could be attributed to my normal round of cabin fever. i always have been down in summers b/c school would be out and i'd have nothing to stress about/focus on.
he wisely suggested i work on something to focus my time so i get out of this shitty slump i can't seem to shake.
when we were talking about what to even do, i mentioned statistics and he brightened up and (easily) found a free site that is essentially a statistics course.
unfortunately, it has been put by the wayside b/c i'm trying to trek my way through not one, not two, but THREE self-help books re: my shitty disposition. so my time is involved with either vegging out b/c those workbooks are taking a lot out of me, or taking the time to slog through them.
however, i have been keeping up with my own statistics... so that should the need arise, i can share more data with my next doctor b/c we are still unsure about what my "ailments" are about. this came about b/c for the first several days of '13 i was being plagued by headaches.
so, a snippet of my own personal statistical data:
in one month, i have:
- been depressed 52% of the time. (the other half hasn't been happy; but it just wasn't significant enough for me to call myself depressed. it basically was just existing)
- had headaches 28% of the time
- been nauseated 9%
- had caffeine 130% of the time. which translates into only one day of having no caffeine. incidentally, that day i did not have a headache.
- had one root canal due to my shitty luck and amazing coordination.
- had incredible bouts of sleepiness 6 days. one of those days being i dropped off littlegirl, read aforementioned help-book for 15 minutes and was overcome to sleep for 1.5hrs. in the MORNING.
- had social visits/outings 19 days.
- had 1 1/2 nights of some new oddity affecting my sleep.
i'm trying to track everything!
so glad i like statistics.
*this class was so cool. and i got an A after writing a paper- true story- about how i cannot write this paper. my argument was valid. four point oh!