oftentimes i think of this lonely blog. & i want to dust the cobwebs off the site and post again.
and i go to do just that, and one of several things happen. such as:
- little bean wakes up from her nap about a half-hour too early.
- i can't think of anything great to say
- i can't think of anything to say
- i begin to think of something to say & LB comes over and quietly begs for my attention. i have the luxury of staying home with her. i really don't want to neglect her so i can play on the computer. (as i am currently doing)
- i stare blankly at whatever it is i'm looking at on the internet and say to myself: "get off the damn computer. you're bored. nothing's getting accomplished. go do something productive."
truth is- i'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days.
i am truly glad that i do not do Facebook & Twitter! because i feel overwhelmed just at the amount of emails i have unread in my inbox. and, sadly, it's not because i'm so popular. these are (mostly) the baby emails that i subscribed to way back when thelittlebean was exactly just that. along with another set of emails i have been getting since, i dunno- 1999?? that i have now pretty much realized i can just *delete* with no problem.
why not unsubscribe? for the baby emails, sometimes i read something that may be useful one day, and i hope that i'll actually remember that info when the time comes. many of them don't interest me, but since their subject lines rarely give way to what's in them, i feel like i need to open them to see.... just in case.
i also have quite a few recipe emails that are sent to me. if you know me personally, i understand if you just laughed out loud at that one. usually i can open, see that everything is made with normal things most people would love (ie: veggies, cream cheese, sour cream....) & i can instantly delete. but occasionally, i find one that interests me. i click the recipe, go to the site & then add it to my favorites. and never look at them again.
and, as far as the other emails, i don't unsubscribe from those because sometimes (read: rarely) they lead me to something quite useful. for fear of missing out, i would just rather clutter & delete.
ohmigod, y'all--- i am an information whore.