Thursday, February 2, 2012

things i'm really into right now:

the haunting song "Someone I Used to Know" by Gotye, featuring Kimbra
(i dare you to play that song only once. i've tried.... don't think it's possible)

the hilariously ironic song "The Walk" by Mayer Hawthorne
(he is from some bygone era. it's so refreshing)

the extremely well-written book "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall
even if you don't like to run, this book is so amazing, intriguing, and fascinating. there's some history, anthropology and seemingly fantasy all wrapped up in this book about a hidden tribe in Mexico. and it's so well-written that you truly think you can just wake up and run 50miles tomorrow.

and shamefully i'll admit, i've also been more interested in The Bachelor this season, mainly because i really like Ben. or, as the blogger that i watch this stupid show for (lincee) calls him: Groban.
truthfully, i watch this show because lincee & "some guy" do a great job of making me laugh about the recaps. it is so disgusting & shallow, and nothing that will come of this will last; but ben is doing a good job of being the bachelor. i really like how he (FINALLY) gives explanations with his rose hand-outs. very refreshing.
but, yes... juvenile
i will say, though, that i will NOT be watching at all next season, and will miss lincee & DP very much!

so, guys... what are you really into right now?

3 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I used to watch the Bachelor, but then the "engagements" stopped lasting through the show.
I like Once Upon a Time and I'm still watching the Office. I know a lot of people hate it now, but it still has some really funny moments and I like Kelly (Mindy Kaling.)

bocki said...

you will NOT be watching next season!??!?! blasphemy!!!!

Leanne said...

I'm tempted to say 'sleep' but that's getting old. So, um, I just started watching the new show, Smash on Monday and I'm taking a night course. So, let's just say that's what I'm to,but I am going to click on your links now too....