Friday, July 1, 2011

side effects

...more on my journey with depression medication:

as with any drug, there are many side effects associated with Celexa.
some of the more common ones are:
-decreased libido
-insomnia
-dry mouth
-nausea
-drowsiness

so, here's my thoughts on these 5 symptoms along with more proof that i'm skeptical.

as of yet, being unmedicated, i don't typically have dry mouth (but occasionally i just NEEEED a glass of water) nor nausea.

insomnia hits me every so often, and in the past few weeks a little more often than i'd like. it's more that i wake up in the middle of the night and take no less than 2 hours to fall back asleep.
because of said insomnia, i tend to be drowsy at certain parts of the day.

libido? well, that's a little trickier to answer.
i guess i have low-moderate libido anyway. but that generally stems from low self-esteem. (or see: tired)
if i know The Mr. is interested, it's not difficult at all for me to quickly change my libido. but as far as my initiation of things..... that fluctuates (and has been less and less lately with my self-esteem and frustrations involving that)

also realize that depression itself is usually a culprit of low libido and insomnia. as well as weight gain. (the meds may do that one as well).

so......... seriously? i can't wait to find out if this is gonna work for me. i can't for the life of me understand how i will know one way or the other!

day minus one-pre pill- on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the most:
insomnia/poor sleep quality last night: 4
libido in general the past few days: 2.5
dry mouth: 1.5
nausea: 1 (0 if that were a choice)
drowsiness: 3.5 (see last night's insomnia)

this evening i will be taking the first half of the first pill.

bring it!

No comments: