Saturday, January 3, 2009

nothing to see here

i have a ton of things swirling around in my head. i wish i could open it up & let it all come out. i hate that i haven't posted very well since becoming a mom.

sometimes i come up w/ a post, but don't write it b/c i lack time & energy in making it sound comprehendable, much less somewhat interesting. sometimes i think i shouldn't complain so much on the blog so i don't write. sometimes i know i shouldn't post what i'm really thinking.

and most times i come up w/ a post- like last night in bed- and i when i go to write it, it's drivel (like this).

it's partly because i didn't want this blog to turn into a blog about the baby. occasionally, fine... but now i see i have no other identity. which i knew would happen to an extent. & i'm fine with it overall. it's just when i want to seem interesting that i realize i have nothing to say if not talking about little bean. other than- gee the weather's awfully foggy today. & oh crap, clemson lost the bowl game.

& if i go to write about something i had planned before baby came along, i realize that's not what i'm thinking/feeling at the moment, so all creativity & energy just leaves it sitting there like the lump that it is.

hopefully i'll get out of this slump very soon.
thanks for stopping by.
i hope 09 is good to us all.


2 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

I understand you. Sometimes I feel like I'm not really here anymore. I was replaced by a Mama, and this Mama character isn't very interesting when not talking about her child. I've been paying a whole lot more attention to politics of late, and I think the main reason is because it gives me something new to think and talk about.
You like Office, right? For some odd reason, my sister in law got me the office boardgame for Christmas. Once we play it, I'll tell you how cool or dorky it is.

Leanne said...

I hear you. It's natural and it'll pass. Just wait until the little ones are teens. Then you won't post about them because they'll yell at you if you do! :)