recently, however, there was a glitch & it was in our "now playing list" so we watched it. and we now know about benefits of owning a TiVo. (like zipping through commercials & recording dorky shows to have something to watch later weren't enough??)
yes. i realize how much TiVo has a hold over me.
we've had it for 2 years. we debated buying it for probably 2 years before that. it was a birthday present to me from The Mr. & now i can't imagine life w/o it.
soon after we got it, i found myself in the car trying to control the radio much like i do the tv... hey- i only caught a snippit of that funny joke. let me rewind-oops. can't. i like this song. let me pause it to continue this conversation- oops. can't. yes, Tom Shane. i know we "have a friend in the diamond business"... FF please! -oops. can't
i admit there were even a time or two that i wanted to TiVo a live conversation.
guess you could say i was an addict. (or a dork).
but now, more than ever, i want to use my own personal TiVo controller- or a MeVo- to capture moments with LittleBean.
MeVo would let me:
- FF through the screaming and get right down to the naptime, please.
- pause naptime... b/c 45 minutes is not a whole episode thankyouverymuch.
- turn the volume up on those chuckles that happen. also with the coos.
- hit mute for those times in the car & she realizes that -hey! we're in the car!
- rewind that smile. again. again. again.
- get a seasonpass to all those moments that melt my heart (like when i go get her from a nap & she smiles at me ear-to-ear, or when i hold her and she puts her head on my shoulder) while i'm at it, i'll watch in super-slo-mo.
- record such moments & burn them to a dvd to watch when LB will not be smiling at me so much (ages 7-18, i presume).
i know what i'm asking santa for this christmas.