Wednesday, October 17, 2007

serendipity

ser·en·dip·i·ty [ser-uhn-dip-i-tee] –noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.
2. good fortune; luck: the serendipity of getting thefirst job she applied for.

interestingly enough, the sentence they gave with #2 is serendipitous in itself!!!

so on the anniversary of my crapday, i was interviewing w/ the american cancer society that i had been pursuing since i left teaching. it paid off- they offered me a job.
the exact same position that i applied for when i researched openings in december(and couldn't go thru the interview process b/c i wasn't available then due to teaching)!!! it had come open again.

musta been meant to be, b/c i was not offered an interview w/ a position in june since they filled it internally.

for those newcomers who don't know the story: the quick of it is that my mom died of cancer so this job was especially meaningful to me. i had been captain of Relay for Life for my school for 4 years. it was a "natural" progression.
if you've never heard of RFL, don't worry---- you will if you stick around. (and please do. i'll offer a slice of the delicious snickers ice cream cake from carvel that The Mr. bought for my crap, er i mean birth,day)

soooooo... guess i only have about a week to stock up on my bon-bons.
i definitely get that the blog title is not going to make as much sense now that i'm gainfully employed. but i think i'm sticking w/ the same blog address, just because there's a handful of people that know about it.
and it's still cute.

so, stay w/ me. there's still more to come.....

1 comment:

Pregnantly Plump said...

Congratulations! I think that's great. And it does sound like it was meant to be.